View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

i solder the harness but use crimps and taps for most wiring these days. ive never had a bad solder over the many years installing stereos on my personal cars and friends cars, but on my Z install particularly i had a bad tap on my rear view camera power wire and it resulted in intermittent signal after about a year of use.

root cause of that problem was the jacket of the wire was thick but the conductor was rather thin. looking at the weight of the cord i thought i needed the blue size tap, but it really needed the red sized tap. so i went back and used the red tap and no more issue.

lessons learned was that some cords have thick jackets but thin wiring inside.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote