View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Armonster
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z t/sp/6mt
Armonster is on a distinguished road

Here's what you do:

1) find a new dealer
2) be serious about buying the car (without talking about finances at all)
3) test drive car

Also, just for your own knowledge/benefit, your credit report only shows your debt. Credit cards, student loans, car loans, mortgage, etc. Your income plays NO part in your credit score. There is no reason to discuss your income, especially if you don't have one.

Edit: I just noticed the "credit check before test drive" situation that you were in. First of all, for your own financial well-being you need to go get a free credit report. Most states allow you to get one or two free per year (maybe its a federal thing, I can't remember exactly). Anyway, you need to get a better understanding of what a credit report actually is, just as a general life skill. Search online and you should be able to find it. If you have an American Express card, they give you one a year as well I think.

After you check out your credit report, you may decide that it's actually pretty good. If you always pay your bills and don't have revolving credit card debt, it probably is. In that case you can let them check it if you really want. OR, you could do what someone who KNOWS they have a good credit score would do, and tell them no. Honestly if someone told me they needed to check my credit before letting me test drive a 30k car, I would laugh at them and then either leave, or wait for them to stop being retarded and let me drive the stupid thing.

Last edited by Armonster; 11-18-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Armonster is offline   Reply With Quote