View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #675 (permalink)
Parkerman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 MB 370z
Parkerman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKYStormFront View Post
lol well there is that too... i try to do everything i can in camera, makes life easier later.

here's some words of wisdom for all, call it my photo philosophy:

the devil in good photography is in the details. if you get your composition and settings right, you can still blow it by missing something in the details. get all 3 right and you are gold, every time.

next time you guys go to shoot, get your composition lined up, fine tune your settings the way you want them then just stop and look around. make sure there aren't stray leaves laying on the ground, larger rocks, stuff sticking out of the car from the camera's point of view, check your reflections on the car, etc. take one minute to get your composition, take 5 to walk around and make sure it's perfect. i guarantee there is something you didn't see at first. happens to me all the time. and to me, that is what makes a good picture excellent.

also, if you don't have a circular polarizer, think about which lens you use the most to shoot cars with and get a B+W brand one for it. they aren't cheap but they aren't much more expensive than the really cheap feeling ones. you'll thank me later

Yea, I know I need a CP, its on my list its just never made it up to the top.

I will generally try to look for all the details and get everything right in camera but this was a pretty quick. Took it on a turn off spot in Cades Cove with the family waiting on me... haha. So I didn't have the time to pour over the details.