View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
Educ8r
Enthusiast Member

Drives: a car
Educ8r will become famous soon enoughEduc8r will become famous soon enough

Here ya go bud... 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Specs and First Ride- 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Release ? RoadandTrack.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcheng View Post
I don't understand.

All you have read about the 2013 GT500 and Mustang is from a sneak preview, everything it says in the article is only plan numbers, no actual test drive nor actual test had been done.

You saw the numbers, then you conclude this is a better car, you don't even know how its actual driving experience is like.

We don't know the reliability of the 2013 model, we don't know how does it handle the road and we know nothing but the numbers.

Yes, it does make more horses than the Z, but remember its engine is supercharged, the VQ is a N/A. Honestly, I'd be more appreciate the later since it is much more difficult to squeeze more horses from a N/A.

I think it's not only the American market, ALL markets are looking for more with less money, right?

You pay for what you get, will you be confident to buy something that says 400hp with a price tag of $30k??

Back to the 2013 models, there's this concern I have in mind. With the shape of the Mustang, quite a boxy shape, aerodynamically, what do you think about the stability of the ride when it's really going at 200mph??

How many cars on the market nowadays are capable to do 200mph?? And how much do they cost??

I have nothing against the Mustang or Ford, in fact, I think they are doing much better than the other two US car makers.

However, only had read a brief preview, I think it is too early to make such conclusion saying one is better than the other.

just my $0.02

cheers

imagination + creativity = endless possibilities
Educ8r is offline   Reply With Quote