View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #1089 (permalink)
Nitrouz
Track Member

Drives: 40th Z, GTR, 420z-tt
Nitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura aboutNitrouz has a spectacular aura about

dude I just got caught up with this......don't sell it bro...who am I going to look up to now?

But I also don't recommend building the motor if it hasn't ran right. My 2 cents... as I've sunken an enormous amount of money on a Z before too. The only reason to build would be for more power, not to FIX an issue. If an issue cannot be fixed as is, then after you build the motor, you'll spend even more money on FIXING, because the root cause wasn't determined.

Trust me...there are tons more thrown rods / blown motors than this forum shows. A couple months ago I saw first hand of a GTM TT 370z installed and tuned by Sam, blow a hole in the block after 2 weeks of delivery to the customer.

If you can get a spare stock block, use that. Just detune a bit for your fuel for more flexibility to ambiant temp / fuel / elevation, etc. adjustments.

I'd hate to see this car go...but I'd also hate to see your wallet lighten with nothing to gain.

Just thought I'd give you my 2 cents. If you wanna talk or discuss, PM me bro. Good luck with whatever you choose.