View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
grahfz
Base Member

Drives: Touring/6/nav/sport
grahfz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_student View Post
Haha...I got myself a woman already so I dont have to impress anyone. I wouldn't be ashamed to tell people I live at home anyway since it will be mine and my family's home collectively. I think I will be getting the Z so that I can build up credit like what grahfz said and also so I can actually save money for mods and maintenance...and do other miscellaneous things.
Thanks...

but, like the other posters here.. I meant LESS car. Not as in '370z less', like 15-25000$ range.

I've made more than both my parents since my first job at 18. It's been 9 years since, and I'm making more than double that.
And I've made some bad decisions. If I could do it over again, I'd be driving a GT2 right now. Everybody probably would.

What you should do, is get a reasonable payment for now, and put the difference into a mutual fund or something similar. ARTMX is what I'm holding. You need 1000$ to buy in.
I bought 11 shares of apple stock two(?) months ago for 1514.92, as of today (and it's been falling the last few days) it's worth 1803. 300$ in 2-3 months on 1500$ isn't bad. I could make a LOT more by daytrading and taking risks, but I'm ok with modest gains with minor risk.

When you're solid in your job and income, trade it in on a 370z/m3 and pay off the upsidedown loan. I'd recommend a 36 month on your first car, if you can afford it. You'll be out of upsidedown loan territory reasonably fast.