View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #436 (permalink)
AlexRaymond19
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
AlexRaymond19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitstai View Post
My issue is similar to the post by MINICORBA1 on page 1 of this thread. Below is what i copy and paste from his post. Should i take it to the dealer or is this typical?

-CLUTCH CLUNK-
When going from first to second gear, if I haven't got the revs up to around 3k or above, when I depress the clutch to go to second it makes a very distinctive clunk sound. It only does it from first to second, and only if the rpms are low. I can also get it to surface if I'm in first going slowly in a parking lot and depress the clutch, I'll here it then too.
Anyone else experiencing this????
I've noticed the same thing. I only notice it in the parking lot because thats the only time when i shift into second so early (cant stand the whine of first gear...) when you shift into second make sure your foot is all the way off the gas and you have to wait a second from foot off of gas to clutch in. Otherwise it will make that clunk every time.