View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

I think it really depends on what you define as the "right" way to do it...

Powdercoating can be done right and it will last. But if it does chip, you're screwed.

I've had a few sets of powedercoated wheels on my old track cars and while they looked great, they started to chip around the lug holes and hub of the wheel. Since, I started having wheels scuffed up, shot with etching primer and then having them sprayed single stage paint.

I haven't had a wheel chip since. My Weds we done that exact way and still look brand new. Got chips? Get some touch up paint that is mixed specifically for the color on the wheel.

The most expensive part about it was having the tires demounted / mounted and rebalanced after.

Not to mention, with single stage paint, you aren't limited to any particular color... anything is possible.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote