View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #46 (permalink)
awkwardturtle
Base Member

Drives: 07 Civic SI
awkwardturtle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
He was wearing this:

Dude, I'm not gonna lie, I find it pretty sad/pathetic that you stalk me on other forums. Way to rip off a picture of a spoiler that I was mocking up... the same spoiler a member on the other forum offered me $600 for after I spent $250 making it.

As for the other questions/comments, I think I was dressed fairly well. I certainly didn't walk in with ripped jeans and a hoodie, just average everyday clothes. I drove in in a decent car that's very clean/excellent condition that's worth a solid 15-16k on a trade-in. The only reason I told him I hadn't started my job yet because he was insistent on running a credit check to make sure they would finance me the money, and I told him I'd probably not get approved since I'm not going to have any income coming in for 3 weeks. I even told him I had multiple people readily available to co-sign, so it wouldn't be a big deal. I realize that's not the answer he wants to hear, but c'mon, any person in sales should have the foresight to recognize that you can't make all of your sales THAT DAY. How can he expect me to even bother coming back to him when I walk in to buy one now?

And yeah, I can understand wanting to keep mileage low, which is why a lot of dealerships tend to have a designated test car. This is exactly why when I bought my SI when I was 17, the 'new' car I drove had almost 300 miles on it, and the salesman told me to romp on it.

And not to mention, I live in a town with literally the highest Physician to non-physician ratio in the country. You HAVE to expect a lot of young people with rich parents that are willing to buy them anything. I had a relatively crappy car in high school, and I drove a brand new Civic SI. I would think anyone with half a brain would instantly assume a younger-20 year old guy driving a nice/decent car in this city either had the means to buy the car, or had parents who were willing to.

What I do find funny, however, is that their internet sales guy just got back to me about a quote request I sent in a week ago and asked me to come in and test drive a Z I truly hope that other guys sees me when I do.

Last edited by awkwardturtle; 11-17-2011 at 01:23 PM.
awkwardturtle is offline   Reply With Quote