View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #31 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Without trying to offend those of you who are rather young.... here's my take on this.

I really don't blame the dealer in a case like this. Here's why. I've seen plenty of 370's now that have been "test driven". I wouldn't want to own any of them. All of the ones I've seen have been very aggressively driven. Not great for long term ownership to have a new drivetrain maxxed-out. I've test driven two 370's in the past. I can tell you... I wasn't being an old granny driving them. I consistantly red-lined both and they had less than 20 miles on them. Would I buy the one I drove?.... not on your life. (I factory ordered mine.)

So... can you blame a salesman for not letting someone "test drive" a 370? I know, I know... age "shouldn't" have anything to do with it. Let's face it, I was 45 years old the first time I "tested" a 370 (far from "young"). And I wouldn't want to own the one I tried.

And, the ones I tried probably had a few more "test drives" done to them before someone actually bought them.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D

Last edited by 6MT; 11-17-2011 at 09:52 AM.
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote