View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
awkwardturtle
Base Member

Drives: 07 Civic SI
awkwardturtle is on a distinguished road
Default Getting the dealership run-around on test driving

I stopped by my local Nissan dealer the other day.. totally blown off on wanting to check out and test drive a Z.

I'm 22 years old, and realize I'm young and look even younger than I am, but I'm still pissed about this. I brought in my car, indicating I wanted to trade that in, which knocks about 16 grand off of what I would need to acquire in a loan. With savings, I can almost buy a new Z base package outright.

I explained to the guy that I'm starting a job in about a month from now, I have my trade-in fully paid off, etc. He flat-out told me that dealerships do not allow test drives of 'sports cars'. Surely you guys took out your Z before buying it, right? I told him that I couldn't spend 30-40k on a car in good faith without knowing I would enjoy it, first. He basically gave me his card and told me to call him if I changed my mind. Anyone else have this experience, or do I just need to go to a different dealer? I neglected to bring any parents along because I'm financing this on my own, but my dad seems to think I need to bring him along to be taken seriously. I hope that isn't the case...

Thanks
awkwardturtle is offline   Reply With Quote