View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
carvalho360
Base Member

Drives: 09 370z black
carvalho360 is on a distinguished road
Default Any one else having an issue with this?

I drive an 09 370z, 20k miles (like new) and lately I've been having a few issues. Last month I could not go over 50mph due to a leaking shock, which was replaced. Every time i would hit a bump, the car would practically fly. Now however when I go over 80 (yea its not exactly legal but still an issue) i get some sway in the wheel. Its as if it it over steers. (no its not just me). I used to be able to break 80 without this issue happening. At higher speeds the car has issues changing lanes quickly and/or maintaining lane on small bumps. I had a 350 with 50k miles that never had issues with breaking 80 mph, and back when i first got the 370z i could easily break 80 safely.

-some ideas ive had were possibly the 2 different treads on the tires, front are stock, back are some other company.
-I recently had the rear tires changed, all were balanced (not aligned..not sure if they needed to be)
-front brakes need to be changed, but that shouldnt cause a issue with driving, right?
-i did some googling/ searching and found it could possibly be a bent rim, but im not 100% sure and that is not a cheap thing to check
- the car passed nissans free 18pt inspection or whatever they do

If anyone could throw me some input it would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy driving safely at slightly increased speed as im sure many others do so any input would be helpful!

i italicized my exact issue for anyone to lazy to read everything i just wrote
carvalho360 is offline   Reply With Quote