View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
nismodreamr
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 11 Z34 MagB 6MT
nismodreamr is on a distinguished road
Default Nismodreamr's 370z

I have a long history with cars and different builds, started when I was 17 building a 1990 240sx hatch with an SR20DET red-top swap.

This was mainly a learning experience for me and was my first real exposure to mechanics in general. After selling my finished 240sx, I purchased a 2006 350z and hated it. I sold that vehicle and purchased a 2006 Evo IX MR. Loved this car, did a lot of bolt on modifications.

I also owned a 2006 Yamaha R-6 sport bike which I worked on a bit as well

Then I got into a stupid situation which I blame myself for, ended up losing my drivers license for one year and had to sell my Evo and Yamaha. After months of thinking of what I should buy and saving up I decided to give the 370z a shot, I was nervous about the car since I had not enjoyed my 350z at all. Once I drove the 370z though, I knew this was a much more refined and better car. The combination of more power and less weight made the car great!

I purchased a new 2011 Magnetic Black 370z sport/touring 6 speed in May of 2011!

I had actually already started buying parts about a month earlier since I knew what i was going to buy, I was also very excited because this was the first car I was able to get financed for on my own without a co-signer, I am only 21 at the moment.

The mods started rolling in, the first thing I did was cosmetic, I tinted the windows and put a glare strip on the windshield, 15% all the way around.

That weekend I also installed the HKS Hi-Power exhaust and BC Racing Coilovers on the car!

here is a shot after the initial suspension drop..

The next mod was a few weeks later when my Volk TE37-SL's showed up along with Michelin tires..

Went with a 255 tire up front and a 305 tire in rear, love the rears but the fronts are creating an understeer issue at track days, will probably go AT LEAST 265 up front on the next set.

I have been pretty fortunate and trophied at one show over the summer of 2011

I won "Best Wheels" and here is a shot with a model at the show..

The car was also featured in a local magazine/website called mwexclusive.com, here are a few shots from the shoot..

I won the STX class at a local autocross event as well, taped up with #14

Then I started modding again, Stillen Gen 3 intakes..

and most recently, a Seibon GT-R replica hood..

Gotta Represent!!

Thanks for reading! Happy modding and