View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 12:42 AM   #226 (permalink)
alcheng
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 ZR PW w/Clutch
alcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond reputealcheng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsud 13 View Post
ahh got it, im pretty much in the same boat (without a high paying job lol). i make a decent living and was able to afford a down payment on a house last year. I rented 2 rooms out to friends and that took a lot of weight off my shoulders. Although I do kind of regret buying a house so soon, i've got this really confined feeling. I can never lose my job or quit now cause i'll end up losing my house. I shouldve followed my childhood dreams of becoming a fulltime bum and squatter =/.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Jay View Post
I know that feeling =/ I actually just wanted to rent an apartment or a tiny home till i at least had the Z paid off but things changed and the market was good so i bought.

I know the value of houses in the US in these couple years has been dropping like crazy, but it is always good to be able to afford a house.

A house will keep its value, the market might goes up & down a bit, but eventually its value is still there. By contrast, a regular production car will only lose its value.

A bank will lend you loan if you have a house, but they won't lend you anything even if you have a Ferrari.

It might sounds like a burden to your shoulders, but it is a very good asset.

Personally, I respect you made a wise choice of buying a house.

cheers!!
alcheng is offline   Reply With Quote