View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:18 PM   #1431 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sk View Post
You win man. You win. Picking up a 2011 335 xi tomorrow. What a blast to drive. Got an automatic, I don't care, it's not a track car or a drag car (though I will take it to the drag strip) - it was a blast to drive, beautiful inside (kicks the **** outta the evo/sti), AWD, pretty docile looking on the outside and has a great warranty. blah blah, don't have to tell you man. I'll take it to the meet tomorrow. I'll keep this thing for a while, or at least until I get a new GTR.
haha wow really?? thats aweosme. i really like the automatic in this car. its a really nice transmission. i felt pretty much the same after i drove one. my tuner was telling me i should get one and i was like 'ehh i'm not a bmw guy really' he's like 'go drive one' i was sold haha. even stock i love it. i've been in a few full bolt on/tuned ones and they are real fast too.

fyi the 2010's have the n55 motor which doesn't have forged internals and is single turbo... a lot of the 335 people seem to prefer the n54 motor which is twin turbo and has forged internals. i'm not sure i haven't done that much research on it. But either way stock for stock a n55 and n54 will perform pretty much the same, its just when modding the n54 has a little more potential, but unless you are modding it to the max i think you'll be ok. just something to consider though.

Last edited by Jeffblue; 11-15-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote