View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
It's not "rubber". Nissan uses a brass crush washer on their drain plugs. It is NOT re-usable. They are around $1. So if someone doesn't replace it, they're either stupid or don't know that it can't be re-used.

I just did my first oil change last night. It was very easy. Just remove 16 bolts and 3 fasteners, drop the splash pan and it's so easy that I didn't spill one drop.
i was talking about the oil filter gasket..... (i mean since that is what i said in my original post)

the oil filter uses a rubber gasket, the oil pan drain bolt uses a brass washer.....

oh and the brass washer CAN be reused... its not advisable, but its possible to reuse without leaking any oil. but yes at a $1 its silly not to buy a new one...

Last edited by fuct; 08-06-2009 at 01:17 PM.
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote