View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #1430 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
if you were gonna get a used GTR whats stopping you from getting used anything else? i paid 35k for a CPO 2008 335xi coupe that was fully loaded and i have warranty coverage until august 2014 (6 years from original purchase date)/100k miles. and you can still get close to your 400whp with bolt ons and a tune. you're at about 340 with just a tune.

i'm not recommending the car because i'm fanboi or anything, its honestly just my opinion that its a very good car and from what it sounds like you are looking for, might be very suitable. if you said you wanted a track car or something that would be insanely fast, i wouldn't say go for it.You want something thats AWD, Fun, tunable/respond well to mods, and arguably practical, and its just that. that's exactly the reason i got it. It can pretty much do anything an evo or STI can do except its quiet and comfortable.

You win man. You win. Picking up a 2011 335 xi tomorrow. What a blast to drive. Got an automatic, I don't care, it's not a track car or a drag car (though I will take it to the drag strip) - it was a blast to drive, beautiful inside (kicks the **** outta the evo/sti), AWD, pretty docile looking on the outside and has a great warranty. blah blah, don't have to tell you man. I'll take it to the meet tomorrow. I'll keep this thing for a while, or at least until I get a new GTR.