View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
bullitt5897
Premium Member

Drives: Twin Turbo Z34
bullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond reputebullitt5897 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My Personal take on the Forged Specialties Dilemma...

WARNING: This is not a thread to start a debate or to stir the pot!!!

As many of you know I have worked with many vendors/manufacturers (as a mediator if you will) in our community to right the issues with our members and community in the past. I am here now to encourage a Manufacturer to speak out for themselves and to come forth with all the details of what has happened with a member/customer. I was able to get a hold of the Owners of Forged Specialties and Chris of WDO through my network. After an hour plus long conference call I got the whole story from the Forged Specialties side. I was able to talk with Chris and the other owners of Forged Specialties into bringing you guys the details and to show the steps that they have taken to honor the warranty work for this customer and plan to do. From what we discussed over the phone I have encouraged Chris and the owners of Forged Specialties to step forth and in a single post tell the whole story and expose the truth in its entirety. Chris will be posting up the whole story along with what they have offered the customer as the resolution to the issues and I personally feel that the plan that Chris brought forth in our call as very reasonable and as a customer I would respect and gladly take. I would hope that Blaine and Forged Specialties can come to an agreement and be able to resolve the issue.

After hearing both sides of the story and after the proof was laid out before me I feel both parties could have handled things better. Ultimately, Forged Specialties wants to fix the problem and make things right and is offering to do just that. With that said I still think Blaine should let them take care of the wheels this is at no cost to him to get fixed. Even after all the times the wheels have been sent back and forth I say give them one more shot. Forged Specialties even went third party to fix the issues. Hopefully this will be the last time.

So what does this tell us? Do NOT get chrome wheels!!! we drive sports cars not Cadillacs ! Chrome has too many cons and not enough pros to justify going chrome...
Shop Cars: 2013 318whp Nismo VspecII 370z *SOLD*, 2009 1000hp+ 93oct 4.0L TT 370z Fast Intentions STAGE 4 #054