View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #1425 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg View Post
how was that thing at performance? did you buy a gtr today ben???
Performance was fun - I hung out with Alex and met some great guys. Saw Arnold on my way out. PM had some nice whips, porsche, TT 370, GTR, etc etc.

Nice shop too - I went over to Smithtown Nissan and Alex introduced me to some guys. Honestly, I think I'm going to buy a 2011 EVO with a goal of 400 tq/whp. I think it's very doable on the stock engine w/93.

After that I went to VTR - they had two GTRs over there - Anthony w/the white 09 (~580 at the wheels w/~20 lbs boost) and another 2010 gunmetal silver - loud as ****. Straight pipes w/Meistercraft (sp) CBE. Could hear it miles away, heh.

I say this because after all this, I think I want a new or -1 year GTR. Not an 09. And since I don't want to spend more than ~65k, I'll always be near the end of the 3 year warranty and have 3 years of previous owner *damage* heh. So, I'll wait until I can spend 85k on a GTR and do it right, instead of reaching now and having to settle.

An Evo or Sti (But I already tuned an STi in the past), so Evo, is way cheaper (than a GTR) and relatively cheap to tune (good $ to whp ratio). It also fits 4x people and has AWD.

I'm not a BMW guy; they are VERY nice, both exterior and interior, but they are just "not me". Maybe in a few years my view wil change. I sort of feel the same way about Infiniti. I want AWD, so no Mustang. Anyways, that's my current thought(s).

You guys coming out Wed? (Oh no, just looked at the weather ...)