View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 11:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Skeeterbop
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 GM 370 base SP
Skeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to beholdSkeeterbop is a splendid one to behold

I would check and see how close it is to the oil cooler first, just to confirm that it isn't being affected by it. Here is what the manual says:
Quote:
Outside air temperature (8F or 8C)
The outside air temperature is displayed in 8F or 8C in the range of −22 to 1318F (−30 to 558C).
The outside air temperature mode includes a low temperature warning feature. If the outside air temperature is below 378F (38C), the warning “ICY” is displayed on the screen.
The outside temperature sensor is located in front of the radiator. The sensor may be affected by road or engine heat, wind directions and other driving conditions. The display may differ from the actual outside temperature or the temperature displayed on various signs or bill- boards.
Over the summer there were a few times I got in the car and it read 130+ degrees. Usually within 20 minutes of driving it was within 5-10 degrees and 30 minutes it would be pretty accurate. Now it tends to be a little on the cool side when i first start up.