View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 09:38 PM   #91 (permalink)
DIGItonium
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34-TT 6MT
DIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond reputeDIGItonium has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsekz View Post
so you put masking tape over 4 solder pads? and just soldered the LEDS ? even the 4 solder pads with the tape underneath the LED? and i have a problem..my screen where the fuel and all that is is now half blank...i think i ruined something.. =(
If your display is half blank, then the pins from the display aren't fully aligned with the socket. If you're not careful, you can break the pins. When putting it back in, make sure you line up the display pins with the socket.

For the LEDs, you only need to mask off 1 of the pads because both pads on one side are not the same. There are 3 ground and 1 positive. You need to mask the extra ground pad. Look at the pictures to see how it was done.