View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 06:57 PM   #6778 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
Well, I am in the process of installing my FI HFCs and FI cat back exhaust. Everything is going great but I cannot budge the driver's side manifold demon bolt. I have soaked it numerous times with penetrating oil, etc. and we are using a breaker bar for leverage. Been working at it for 2 days now. Broke some tools in the process.
My neighbor is a mechanic and he is going to bring an impact gun home tomorrow as he thinks this is the only option. I have removed the o2 sensor that's in the driver's side cat. I know that people have said not to use an impact gun due to the vibration damaging the manifold o2 sensor. Just don't know what to do...
Has anyone used an impact gun to remove these demon bolts and have you had any issues with you o2 sensors as a result? Thanks in advance.
How long have you let the Penetrating oil set? Sometimes you need to keep applying it for up to 24 hours to get it fully soaked in. Give it a bit of time to work, maybe a larger breaker bar is needed?

Also, it's not best to use an impact wrench, but if you don't have a choice, you don't have a choice. Might want to price a new o2 sensor though just in case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Ok, I read through about the first 30+ pages and didn't want to read through the remaining 400+ to see if anyone asked these questions:

1. If I order the FI TDX w 12" resonators, can I also order a set of 18" resonators at the same time for use if I find the 12" too loud?

2. How difficult is it to remove the X pipe by yourself while using a coupla jack stands and common household wrenches (and little experience)?

Forgive me if these questions have been pounded into the sand already.
1. You'd have to order a separate X pipe with 18" resonators and have them swapped out. You can't just swap out the resonators themselves.

2. Not hard at all. The X pipe is square in the middle of the vehicle so if your car is lifted on stands all the way around it's literally only 8 bolts.

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14