View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucasa View Post
Since I am not a gearhead, any one would like to chime in and discuss if this 2012 factory cooler can be retrofitted to pre-2012 Zs. If so, what is the level of difficulty involved in self-install. If at dealer or shop, ballpark cost for part+labor.

Thanks,

If you read somehwre in page one I wrote the I had asked the head of my service dept. They said its not retrofitable nor will they warranty a retrofit it were attempted and successful. Under his claims the plumbing was changed in order to add this minimalistic oil cooler. Obviously it isn't as good as it should be for enthusiasts so they can sell the NISMO 34 row part to enthusiasts. Now they make more money because now the original cooler has to be removed and its probably a highly complex job??? Nissan is smart at jerkin'da custies. Lol. If you're an enthusiast? Get an 11 and earlier and add your own. If you are a casual Z lover or are just buying the next new thing for bling or swagg or whatever? Get the 12. Personally, I think the 09 Suspension was brolic n kicks my 11 suspensions ***. My 09 felt more pure in the handling dept. even though the 11 still feels incredible, Nissan nailed it year one and the baby complainers made them soften the suspension. Lil girlie men!!!!!! Seriously, some Z owners need Hanz and Franz to "pump them up". Lmfao.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote