View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 06:32 AM   #402 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
My complaints so far: 1. People complaining about the 370

Sorry folks, I like my car. I have had zero issues with it in the almost three years I've owned it. I put up with all the 370 bashing that goes on. In fact most of the time, I get a good chuckle with all the serious ailments this car seems to have. If one paid attention to all the complaints, you'd get the idea that the 370 is the worse vehicle ever built.

Flame away, but I love my 370. (Or rep away if you agree.)
You're complaints are 0 because you know what your car was built for. You also bought the car for its attributes as a pure sports car. You didn't buy this sports car to be like your old M3, or your old S2000, porsche cayman, corvette camaro or mustang. You bought the Z out of love for the car.
NOT EXCLUSIVITY or being the cool guy on the block with something different. You knew what you got into when you bought the Z. 75% of our forum bought this car for reasons that are not condusive to what the cars purpose is built for.

My only issue was lack of an oil cooler "ONLY" because this is a "PROPER" sports car and a heating issue in any capacity should not exist. Even with that issue, my activism toward it was a selfless act because I "MYSELF" will put my own in fitting of a car that will soon be a approx 550hp turbocharged car. Most of the forum doesn't care anyway so "why break a sweat???"

But the lack of caring about the oil cooler but complaining about stereo's, toggles, trunk switches or lack there of, intell cruise control or lack there of, power folding mirrors and other minor bullsh1t that doesn't affect this cars overall performance is futile imho.
This is why there's an aftermarket. Modifications arel limitless. Me personally, I feel every vswitch and every light is perfect. I think Nissan put every gauge in the perfect position and is perfectly readable.
So in the long run if you have a lot of little quips about the ergonomics of this vehicle. YOU DID NOT MAKE GOOD USE OF YOUR TEST DRIVE. You bought this car on pure emotion. And I can think of one car that has more in features than the Z at a much lower price. The gencoupe. One at a slightly higher price. The bimmer 1 series and another that will give you 90% of its performance and attributes while doubling the feature list. The infiniti G37:
I owned 2 G's and with aftermarket wider wheels and suspension setup. It rides almost exactly like a Z. You can get about 1.09g easily out of a modded g on the items mentioned. There controls are slightly better placed and more intuitive. Seats can go into better angles for more head and legroom, stereo is an 11 speaker bose system that kicks ***. Intell cruise is an option, your seats will have lumbar support on the sport model for long trips. 12 way power memory seats give u that perfect position. WoW! All that in a G??? Yeah and so much more! Its a proper sports car and gives you two extra seats.

This is why Nissan makes 2 sport coupes. The Z... sh1t if I were NISSAN nav wouldn't even be an option. It would stop at touring and I would invest the extra 2k into a DCT option over the extremely good but needing of modification slushbox.

So in reality, the Z offers more than necessary already. And no car is built as solidly in the price range unless ur buying a miata based on its doors. Then your saving about $10k.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote