View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
007MI6
Track Member

Drives: Audrey
007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough007MI6 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYE ESS View Post
Good afternoon ladies and gents,

I am requesting the help of the 370z Guru's. I received a service engine soon light 300 miles ago. I called Nissan and they said it was most likely the gas cap not tightened. They said problem should go away in a hundred miles. Due to this I ignored the situation. I just had the genius idea of looking under the hood and one of the intake tubes from my stillen Gen 3 came loose from the hose right next to the motor. Therefore my engine has been sucking in air without the filter for the past 300 miles.

How much have I damaged my engine?

What should I do to fix this problem? I already tightened all of the tubes.

Should I reset the ECU to see if the error goes away?

Thanks so much,
Justin

If you need any additional details please let me know.

*The car did vibrate rough in idle a few times. It felt like my RSX when I had motor mounts installed.
Honestly, the code was probably thrown as the MAF sensor was giving a false reading, due to the tube not being connected. If this sensor reads incorrect the computer will feed the wrong amount of fuel for the air that is incoming, causing a rough running engine. It is very unlikely that anything harmful happened to anything. The engine bays on these cars are sealed quite well. So unless you went "four wheeling", I highly doubt anything significant got in there. Just reconnect the tube and reset the ECU and all should be fine. Shouldn't be any damage.

2011 370Z Touring+Sport Coupe
BLK Int||M6||Navigation||Illuminated Door Sills||GoMiniGo LPB
007MI6 is offline   Reply With Quote