View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #1423 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yep. Koeppel and Legend are the ONLY two Nissan dealers I can vouch for. Have had fantastic experiences with both.

Stay the hell away from Star Nissan, Kings Nissan, Habberstad, and even Smithtown Nissan doesn't have the best rep even though they're connected to Performance Motorsport.
I will have to check out Koepell in the future. Thanks.

Quote:
Another vouch for Koeppel. EXCELLENT service department. Will probably buy my next car from them. Wanted to buy a z from them but they didnt have one at the time
Damn guys - sounds like I'm going to reach out to Koeppel. heh.

Quote:
Meet turned out to be good. 350s, 370s, and 335is.
Great meet. Thanks again for the coffee Arnold.

Quote:
here is a higher mileage GTR for 59k

Cars for Sale: 2009 Nissan GT-R Premium in Canton, MA 02021: Coupe Details - 304457534 - AutoTrader.com

lower mileage for under 60 in NY - should be under factory warranty still, and you may be able to buy an extended from nissan like I did with my BMW i purchased from acura
Cars for Sale: 2009 Nissan GT-R Premium in Queens Village, NY 11429: Coupe Details - 307791427 - AutoTrader.com

White one (hotness) for a little more from a nissan dealer with low miles.. looking at this car has made my mind up on what my next car is
Cars for Sale: 2009 Nissan GT-R in Inwood, NY 11096: Coupe Details - 309901776 - AutoTrader.com
Thanks Chuck - (By the way, left you a VM this AM about the track). I'll check these cars out, though I'm not sure I'm ready to do anything right now ...

Quote:
And if your only goal is to go fast in a straight line check out evo's.... You build the motor put a FP , green/red/black (not sure whats the biggest) run race gas and build your tranny and you are in the 10s cutting 1.5 60 foots... you can buy an evo for 20k and for 15k have a reliable , somewhat daily drivable car with 600-700whp on race gas.... Which also handles pretty good... The MR's a few years come with nice leather bucket seats, but the dash board is pittiful...

The new STI with a built block and FP turbo also puts out really nice numbers esp on e85 .... there is a local guy around my area with a new sti hatch with the plate V8Bait that has well over 500 awhp in its every day trim .... car is bananas and looks real nice...

none of these car have half the presence and technology that the GTR has but they are half the price and potentially just as fast
Personally, I like the STI's, since I had one in the past 320whp and it was a blast - and awesome in the snow. Not sure what the evo scene is like out here either. I'm sure for like 35k i could build a beast. I would be concerned about reliability though ...

Quote:
built motor=/= something that should be daily driven
heh gotcha - I don't DD but when I do drive it can for 4-6 hours at a time over a long distance.

I'm going to Smithtown Nissan tomorrow, stopping by PM for the coffee and bagel thing and then stopping by my buddies at VTR to say hello. Let me know if you guys are around.

Edit: My partout thread is up, BTW: mr-sk's Part Out Thread! (LTH, AAM CBE, HKS, DynoDash)