Thread: Car Buying Tips
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
SeattleLion
Base Member

Drives: '13 Mustang GT Prem.
SeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond reputeSeattleLion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by somatic View Post
Put some notes in there
Thanks for the comments. Your comment about tire assure (a form of warranty) makes sense to me too. I didn't get that option. If you like the idea of an extended warranty, I get one for $15 a month from Geico. Their deal is that if you select that option in the first 12 months of a new car, you are good to go for 7 years or 100,000 miles. It covers all mechanical failures with a $250 deductable. That's what I do.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I don't pay any attention to the selling dealer's service department. I can take my warranty work to any Nissan dealer, so if the sales dealership turns out to have a poor service department, I can go somewhere else. I have to say that my selling dealer has a great (so far) service department. It's one of the oldest Nissan dealers (Datsun in the old days) in the U.S. under the same ownership (family). Some dealers claim to have been there for 40 or 50 years. Well, they have, but the dealership changed owners every few years. It's not how long the dealer has been there, but how long it has been owned by the same people.
SeattleLion is offline   Reply With Quote