View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jjaden
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about
Default Aston Martin - Clutch Resolution

The other thread got locked, but for those of you who where interested things finally got resolved with Aston yesterday regarding the clutch issue.

Finding any kind of contact for North American HQ was impossible online, it just doesn't exist, but I did manage to find an E-mail for all service inquiries in the UK.

I waited for 3 days after E-mailing and got a response from Scott Morgan head of Service, saying he would further look into the matter, and he forwarded me a contact number for Aston North America.

I called the number about a dozen times but it kept ringing and ringing, and nobody ever answered it, and it never went to a message so I don't know if it was the right number.

I was pretty frustrated and was going to E-mail back yesterday, but first thing in the morning I got the following E-mail from Ilya Kagan, Sales Manager, Aston Martin North America.

Dear Mr. -------

Your E-mail was forwarded to me for follow up.

I have reviewed your case in more detail with the management at Grandtouring Auto and I would like to offer you a clutch replacement on your DB9 as a onetime goodwill gesture from Aston Martin.

I hope you can get back to enjoying your vehicle once repairs are completed.

Regards.

So despite the dealership originally wanting nothing to do with helping out on this, after a few calls and E-mails, it seems the E-mail to the head of Aston Martin UK Service started a chain of communication which got things resolved.

There is still no idea why the clutch failed at 8000km but I'm glad Aston did the right thing and stepped up and made things right.

Whoever in the other thread suggested that I contact North American HQ was bang on as this is who eventually took the initiative to fix things..