View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat
Angry DONE With Pioneer

Alright I need to vent and also throw some info out there. I do not mind if you have had no problems with your pioneer or that you swear by them. Here is what I have to say.

Started out installing car audio back in like 1998 installed my first system in a 1996 Honda civic. The head unit was a pioneer 9800 I believe. 3 months after the install was done the cd stopped ejecting. It was under warranty so it was sent in, they found nothing wrong with it. Put it back in 4 weeks later the same thing but we still kept it. It was junk. Second one was in a buddy's VW the face plate was faulty, sent it back the new one the internal amp failed after 2 days of use. I get my very first car I install a pioneer deck. Wining alternator noise threw the speakers like crazy, and it just didn't work right. So I sent it back and got a alpine installed it not one hint of any problems ever. In 2008 I did a double din install for a guy and the unit never worked right and never allowed you to watch videos even with the proper parking brake bypass. So fast forward to 2009. I decide to give pioneer another chance with there premier lineup. So I trade a guy for a Premier Pioneer P880PRS. Worked fine except that wining noise was back. So a guy wanted to trade for a alpine deck I was all for it. So I sent mine to him very well packed and in perfect working condition. He gets it the thing overheats and the cd dose not eject all the way. I just talked to a few installers and the cd problem is very common on all pioneer decks. Pioneer has lost there touch and tehre quality as well. So I am done with them anyone wants to ask me about them I am going to tell them straight up there junk and I will never own another thing from them for as long as I am installing them in my car. They are junk and my choice is Alpine.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 08-05-2009 at 11:12 PM.