View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
bigaudiofanat
Car Audio Installer

Drives: 2012 Infiniti G37x
bigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond reputebigaudiofanat has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Yahoo to bigaudiofanat Send a message via Skype™ to bigaudiofanat

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbagandu View Post
I still don't know wtf I should buy to keep the total cost under 500... I have been looking at aftermarket head units but they all look cheap and crappy. And they all have blue as the main color which does not match the interior at all.

Can somebody who has done this before maybe take a few minutes to just put together a list of parts for me to buy? I can honestly say I searched for a total of 2 hours since yesterday but I'm quite clueless on what is available

I basically just want:

replacement speakers (door and dash mounted speakers)
cheapish sub
cheap head unit (if necessary)
cheap amp
and any other supporting hardware needed....

If anyone can help me with this that would be great. Otherwise I am probably just going to go to some car audio shop and ask them for some help, but I've got a feeling that this option would end up costing me more money
They may be standard color blue but 8 out of ten of the head units now can be changed to over 1,000's of colors.

Everything under 500? Can not be done unless your going to do wal mart specials.

Do yourself a favor SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT GO CHEAP

Speakers polk db's

Rockford fosgate punch stage 1 or 2 for sub

Head unit alpine 123, or use a LOC if you want to keep your stock unit "not recommended"

Rockford or kicker amp for sub

Kicker 8 gauge power wire and rca wires "there is a kit search kicker 8 gauge on amazon"

Sub box? you can spend 100+ on a z enclosure or go with a cheap truck box. You are still talking a good amount of money.

I added everything in a shopping cart as cheap as I could find it it all came to just about 700. That is without a box and install.
https://www.facebook.com/Dynamicmobileaudio/

Last edited by bigaudiofanat; 11-07-2011 at 09:08 PM.
bigaudiofanat is offline   Reply With Quote