View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
vividracing
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 350Z,370Z,GTR
vividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond reputevividracing has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to vividracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornsm View Post
It does... just had that issue this weekend. Everything LOOKS fine until you take off the tape and riiiiiiiiiiiiiip. The finely taped edge just tears like crap and leaves you with a ragged edge.

Damn
Try experimenting with peeling the tape at different stages of drying. Also, running a razor blade right along the edge as you're peeling the tape should help. You're just trying to score the coating, not slide all the way through. It takes some practice.

I haven't plasti-dipped anything in years, but those 2 things made a lot of difference for me.

Rocky @ Vivid ♦ 480.966.3040 x236 ♦ Rocky@vividracing.com
Email, PM, or call me directly for aggressive The370Z.com member pricing!!!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote