View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
babbagandu
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nismo
babbagandu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeseventy View Post
Where in the US are you? So Cal is teaming up to get board A/V guru bigaudiofanatic out here to do some installs. His basic but good upgrade New to 370z with questions (buy at Amaz*n/Crutchfi*ld) is a good start. Subwoofer would be an option and not hard to add, but cost would double on parts ($200=$400 or more with sub and box).

Thanks for posting. I am actually in GA so I probably will not be attending the install event lol.

But I read through the thread you linked to but I am not sure I understand this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Ok if you have the base system here is the plain facts. It is only putting out around 9 watts of power so any new speakers you install are not going to be very happy nor sound well with that kind of power. In your M3 they have a factory amp which HK is very good about matching factory Ohms ratings so you had no trouble upgrading them.

I highly recommend if you do not want to upgrade to a new head unit to at least use a LOC or a mtx re-q5 and add new amps to power your new speakers as they are going to want more power.

Is he saying that you cannot improve the stereo without getting a new head unit? I see that the specific post you linked to contained a list of parts. Is this what I would need to purchase in order to improve the sound without getting a head unit?
babbagandu is offline   Reply With Quote