View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 02:42 AM   #80 (permalink)
MC

Drives: 2015 GTR NISMO
MC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant futureMC has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by slm37 View Post
There was an awesome black GT-R with black wheels at the dealership I bought my Z at (Modern Nissan of Lake Norman). I asked if I got a free test drive in it for purchasing the Z. The guy laughed at me and said I'd have to put a $10,000 deposit down before taking it out. That normal?

was it just like this?

no thats not the normal practice but i see the reasoning... was he serious about the 10K deposit? most dealers dont do test drives on brand new GTRs at all... the deposit thing is sort of stupid... they should just say we dont offer test drives... i know they are trying to weed out the non serious buyers but putting a financial # on it is just off putting to me and makes me think they are playing games or calling someones bluff... i paid cash for my car but i wouldnt put down a dime to test drive a car just to prove something... either i can or i cant.. if i cant i respect that

besides....if i was a dealer i wouldnt do test drives on brand new new GTRs at all.... most come with about exactly 22-26 miles on them i wouldnt want to buy one with 50+ miles on it or whatever.. not just because i think they beat on it..its just if im paying 95-100K for a car i want to be the first one to drive it.. i want the plastic on the seats floor mats still in the trunk and all that

i mean before my car came i test drove one of the 2012's i helped a out of state member get...but it technically wasnt a test drive i just drove the car with the tech to gas it up after the PDI before they put it on a car hauler lol

a used one like the OP is talking about? sure

what was the price on it by the way?

just curious as i went up to modern of winston-salem NC where i live. they had the same 2012 black edition ( but blue) i bought for under invoice marked up 8K over MSRP ( something like 105K) they told one of my forum members they turned down 5K over for it........not sure if its still there... i had 2 guys wanting to but it for MSRP but they wouldnt go for it

Last edited by MC; 11-06-2011 at 03:06 AM.
MC is offline   Reply With Quote