View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 02:20 AM   #82 (permalink)
tsolin01
Track Member

Drives: 2010 370Z
tsolin01 will become famous soon enoughtsolin01 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by somatic View Post
because the pricing they did was on the wrong one...it doesn't matter that they gave him a price before, since it was on the wrong car. so of course they had to ask for more money.

if car A costs $35, and car B costs $40, it doesn't matter if I accidentally tell you car B cost $35, because I cant afford to sell it for that price. Every car has a stock # (Nissan of Grapevine uses the last eight characters of the VIN. They based the numbers on that stock number, and every bit of the paperwork reflected on that VIN. So even though they thought they were talking about car A, the numbers they gave were written as being for car B. When you're trying to put a car deal together, there's so much going on that it's easy for a less experienced salesman to mess something up.
wow thanks for the explanation. I didn't really know what was going on until you broke it down into car A and car B. So you can't afford to lose $5 on car B? are times really that tough?

/sarcasm off

No use arguing with you since you're on the dealership side regardless. Either way Nissan of Grapevine is a bad dealership and the OP isn't the only person with issues (check out BBB site, has a C rating for this dealership).

I would hope you actually treat your customers with more courtesy and respect. I can't say the same for the rest of your dealership.

Last edited by tsolin01; 11-06-2011 at 02:22 AM.
tsolin01 is offline   Reply With Quote