Thread: WWJD's Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:24 PM   #52 (permalink)
WWJD
Enthusiast Member

Drives: PW 370Z
WWJD is on a distinguished road
Default Track day at Streets of Willow

Track/Course: Streets of Willow, CW (safety block at down hill chicane, organizer has tested about 1 sec. slower than normal course)
Best Lap Time: 1:28.81
Brakes: Stock
Tires (Size & Model): RE050A 255/35/19 and 275/35/17
Suspension: Stock with Eibach springs
Other Mods: Amuse bodykit, Stillen sway bars

Alignment spec: (Thanks to forum member MIKE)
-3 camber -.01 toe front and
-2.5 /.04 rear
This alignment works well on stiff side wall street tires. However, if you are running R compound or tires like RS3, go more aggressive like -3.5 front and -3 in the back.

Review:
- Stillen sway bars: I set front at stiff, rear at middle. The rear sway is too stiff, it causes less grip during corner exiting. Front is not stiff enough but I'm out of reach. I will reset the rear sway back to the softest setting
- SPC front camber arms: when I had them installed at the shop and aligned, one side of them came loose on the fwy during normal driving. After inspection, we found out that the lock bolt was not holding it up and the alignment shop probably did not know the torque spec. We called SPC and were told that they should be locked up tight at 120lb of torque. However, we don't really trust the design, so we went ahead and use extra bolts to get them locked up. I would HIGHLY recommend whoever is going to install the kit should get them locked completely!
Anyways, this isn't a very good design, but it's ok to live with for now.
- SPL rear camber arms and lock bolts: I'm very happy with the fact that SPL is having the lock bolts for sale together. They work perfect.

Cons:
- AT tranny/ gear ratio: again, the tranny sucks!!! It wouldn't allow me to down shift from 4th to 2nd. So I ended up driving the car in 3rd and 4th gear for the entire course for whole day. The gear ratio is wired too, no power at 4, but too short in 2nd gear. The biggest regret for me. I would buy a manual if I were to buy it again.
- RE050A: again, these tires no good. However, they do providing very good feedback.
-Exhaust note: stock exhaust doesn't make any sound under any sort of situation, its quiet like you were in a luxury car. I had to look down on the rev all the time. For several times, I thought the engine couldn't rev.
- Fuel starvation: it started at 4/10 tank of gas

Pros:
- stock Nismo shocks and Eibach springs: the compression and rebound both feel well, no cheap feeling or too much travel.
- Tranny: upshift is as fast as Lambo e-gear on 06-08 Gallardo, very good
- Amuse: I'm not sure if it helps anything, but the kit looks awesome to me!!!
My Journal #1My Journal #2 Build by The R's Tuning, Irvine
Laguna Seca 1:43.073 (stock power)/ Buttonwillow 13CW 1:59.532 (full exhaust)

Last edited by WWJD; 11-07-2011 at 03:57 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote