View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Jordo!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2023 NATM
Jordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond reputeJordo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZForce View Post
Thanks for the input. I am still on the fence with air cooled oil cooler or OEM. I do drive spirited and the temps do get up there and I notice hp loss. I will probably not be hitting the track anytime soon. So a 19 row air oil cooler would suffice. I am not so concerned with OEM parts and if the OEM retrofit is going to cost close to a 19 row cooler, then I would rather just go with aftermarket 19 row cooler.
Unless you are tracking it, the water cooled one would be more ideal. Gets the oil to operating temp faster and keeps it there.

Air would be (theoretically) better if constantly pushing it to the limits, as on a track. On the road, it will be less consistent (even with a thermostat) and in the winter tend to keep the oil cooler than would be ideal (hence people relying on block off plates...).