View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
chris410
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10' GT500
chris410 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide187 View Post
I do not share the feelings of most of yous guys. I get the chills whenever I run into the high rpms, the good kind. No fear of explosions or breaking anything.

Sometimes depending on the road my 19's are a little talkative but nothing worth bit*hing about.
I haven't been in a car that has the 19's but when they complain about the road noise, I think it's more of an "observation" rather than a complaint. I wouldn't let something like that affect my decision on getting a Z. Then again, one drive and I'm sure any complaints will be silenced

The way I view it is as I said earlier, I'm sure the engineers designed the car to easily handle the horsepower, again most japanese motors are way over-engineered so the noise is most likely a product of that design and nothing to worry about. If it becomes an issue, I'm sure we'll be hearing about it but in my own experience I never had a concern...actually I didn't really notice anything odd but I've owned several sports cars/and race motorcycles so I'm used to hearing motors make noise. For anyone freaking out...don't...these cars have been through some beatings in tests and as far as I know none of them have blown up
chris410 is offline   Reply With Quote