View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
o0javi0o
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '15 ///M3 6MT
o0javi0o is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to o0javi0o

It could be possible. The main questions should be, It could be cost effective for the costumers? Market? How much people would pay for it? It will be in a competitive price vs aftermarket TT kits?

Definitely, all question could be Yes. People will be glad to pay for a 370z TT that would be covered under Nissan Warranty, maybe in a price range close to a 40 to 50K (at the most). That will, obviously, put in a rocket the reputation of Nissan, it will put the 370z in a level that never could imagine. 1) GT-R, a brutal performance car that is in a "affordable" range, putting Nissan Brand Name in a upper level scale with Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, etc... Maybe not to many people consider the GT-R an exotic looking car, but anyway. 2) Nissan 370z TT, will put another sight of Nissan capabilities to the extreme at a well costumer concern value. Now lets put Value Engineering at work, Material Testing, etc...

I think, that if this car is built, the GT-R would be the most affected. So I believe, everything with the 370z with a TT V6 is possible, but it will not, in my opinion, affordable to build for Nissan because of the GT-R at the market, unless they build a new engine for the GT-R, a V8 4.5L already developed for the 350z Xanavi, But again, it will increase in who never know in what level the price of the GT-R, probably...
But who knows, they also have a fully built platform with a VQ30DETT V6, so they can continue from there.

I think that is the same issue happening with Mitsubishi, Eclipse vs Evolution (I don't know much about this issue, so if I am wrong, feel free to correct me )

Last edited by o0javi0o; 08-05-2009 at 06:49 PM.
o0javi0o is offline   Reply With Quote