Thread: 370Z or EVO X
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Evolved
Base Member

Drives: Evo VIII
Evolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond reputeEvolved has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash View Post
Motor-wise, any boosted DSM engine will eventually go through crank-walk... Sorry, I don't like DSM motors or trannies. Their warranty is useless if your car is in the shop all the time. I've had a few cars with DSM motors and wasn't impressed. And the Mistu Eclipse I drove around was a hunk of crap. (But it was still pretty fun to dive around)
First of all the term "DSM" is outdated. Secondly there has never been an issue with crank walk when it comes to the Evo. Third, the 4G63T is one of the better performance engines ever built. Other than that you're spot on.

Also, if the "car is in the shop all the time" than how can "their warranty be useless"? If it's in the shop, wouldn't you be using the warranty?

For me the warranty was irrelevant because I knew I'd be modding the car beyond simple bolt ons. The free service was nice though.
Evolved is offline   Reply With Quote