View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 12:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

As for your clear bra go with Ventureshield. I had it on my 350z for 4 years and it looked brand new up until the day i sold it! It is the most clear and strong stuff out there. I actually just had my wifes 2012 Sonata in black done and had the whole front end done with Ventureshield and you can not tell it is on there...

As for the care of clear bra you can wash, clay bar and wax (non abrasive wax) just like your paint. The only thing you CAN NOT do is buff it. You may use Plexus to "polish" it if necessary.

If you get it re-painted you should technically wait 30 days at least for the paint to cure and then have the clear bra installed. Personally if its not your daily driver i would let the car sit and not drive it or put blue painters tape on for the 30 day period so no rock chips occur.

Good luck! let us know how it goes

_Chad