View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #13 (permalink)
Imperial
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nismo 370Z PW M6
Imperial will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
You're mad that your car doesn't have the year over year improvements that the '12 does? Are you going to want a class action lawsuit if the '13 nismos get homelink mirrors too?

I agree that the 09 to 11 Z's run hot (oil). BUT, in street driving and stock, they don't overheat and go into limp mode. On track, an oil cooler is required. I knew this shortcoming when I purchased mine and fixed it easily with an oil cooler kit as one of my first mods. I don't expect Nissan to retrofit every improvement they maek on a car, only if something is subject ot a recall for a saftety issue etc.
I agree, I don't understand why so many people get worked up about this. Nissan is a business and they have to consider their bottom line and the fact is most people will never drive their Z's hard enough to require an oil cooler and those that will are a tiny fraction of the market and would probably still need an aftermarket kit. Also, for the target market of the 370Z, lower prices will sell more cars than any other factor. I'm reading posts from people suggesting Nissan should have a recall... what the heck for? Their only obligation to the consumer is a safe car which they have fulfilled... as a business minded individual, if I were Nissan, the only thing I would recall are the oil temp guages so people will stop b*tching. For those with any intent of tracking their car, get a decent performance oil cooler, the OE cooler on the 2012's looks like a POS anyway.

My $0.02

On a lighter note, I'm just glad there hasn't been any improvements on the car that I haven't already taken care of... Oil cooler, check... Booming audio with Nav, iPod, Sat, HD and Pandora, check... Rear-view camera, check. If they ever come out with an improved engine then I will be sad. =P

Last edited by Imperial; 11-04-2011 at 01:01 AM.
Imperial is offline   Reply With Quote