View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 01:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Asheth
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk 6mt
Asheth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Asheth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcar View Post
IMHO

Sport Package, priced at just $3,000, with 19-inch RAYS forged wheels and Bridgestone Potenza tires, aerodynamic front and rear spoiler, larger Nissan Sport Brakes, SynchroRev Match (6-speed manual transmission only) and Viscous Limited Slip Differential = Great Deal

Touring Package priced at $4530, with Homelink, Bluetooth, Leather Seats, Bose + XM Radio, Cargo Cover and Aluminum pedals = Screwjob...(and added weight)

I must say even though this was predicted sometime ago the pricing info. I have to say that nissan did a good job on the marketing platform.

1. The SynchroRev Match transmission is interesting and is offered in the sport package.

2. Even though there are aftermarket options the Stock Nav unit is so clean and imo so complete that it is very tempting to spring the extra dollars for that.

Someone like me I want base plus sport and if nav was available for the base plus sport I wouldn't think twice about getting it. That being said you must get the touring with leather seats, and the other extras.

But if you just spring for the touring you dont get the better brake system and you dont get the synchrorevmatch. This makes it a hard decision.

I know this is the way it is but they really would have scored points if they offered the base and then the buyer could order what ever they wanted i.e. brakes, spoiler, leather, Nav, so on and so forth. That would have been sweet from the looks that Nav system looks to be no joke really high-end.

I would be getting base+sport+nav, no leather, no cargo whatever, no aluminum pedals(aftermarket if i want those) if it was a cheap option maybe i get it seperate. I'd go aftermarket for my sound setup.

Last edited by Asheth; 12-30-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Asheth is offline   Reply With Quote