View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:34 PM   #1352 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

Ok, lots to say/thinking.

Quote:
I think a cobb tune would be safe with the warranty as it easily goes on and off but I am not sure, but the power you get from just downpipes and tune is absurd!!
You'd be surprised. I've read horror stories on NAGTROC where doods had AP + non OEM fluids and Nissan denied warranty issues. There is a ROM that gets incremented every time the ECU is altered. It's read-only, so you can flash (0->1) and unflash (1->2) and Nissan will still see that it was flashed, just not know with what.

I'm going to wait to do the tune - I will probably do the AP, exhaust and custom tune by my buddies @ VTR. They are getting pretty nice #s. But that will be in time... heh....

Quote:
Im going to the track tomorrow and probable next friday after i get meth... I know your not gonna want to go this soon but some day before you mod id love to compare some how, haha...
I think I would be down to hit the track NEXT friday, (Nov 11th right?). Or we can just do some pulls on the highway, hehe. For real though, lets hit the track on Friday night dood.

Quote:
the fastest 135s around right now are getting 11.5's and thats with every bolt on, meth, and race gas, and i'm sure a very hard, perfect launch and drag radials. we should race... but i get race gas too... and drag radials
Come to the track too!

Quote:
well i have driven a stock 2009 GTR and i liked it. Definitely feels a decent amount bigger than the Z. its pretty firm suspension too, but not uncomfortably so. Feels kind of like a Z with coilovers. However, i drove it in full "R" mode which stiffens the suspension
Yeah, is a bit bigger, heh. Our other car here is a 300m Chrysler which is a big shitty boat and my last car was the b6 s4, another decent sized car. I'm not afraid! heh I'm stoked!

Quote:
nah they wont fit. Just comparing front tire sizes... 255/40/20 has a 28.03in diameter, and a 245/45/18 has a 26.68in diameter. i'm sure theres some kind of write up on NAGTROC on what kind of winter setups people run.
Yeah, I wish they fit, would save me some money. Those winter wheels are going up for sale next week, heh.

Quote:
After dumping a ton of money on his Z, and now a GTR I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is put Blizzaks on huge oem rims... Has to be something reasonable he can do, and is worth a shot IMO.
Exactly. Dont wanna put Blizzaks on the stockers; I might see if I can get a cheap setup from tirerack or something with some crappy rims with nice winters. If the price is too much, and blizzaks on stockers is less, maybe I'll do that. Would hate to chew up inthe stock rims though on salt/dirt/ice -

Quote:
glad to hear your GTR will be driven and not be some garage queen
Hells ya man!

Quote:
If people are doing GTR wheels on 370z, why not the other way around?
Great question - I gotta do some research on NAGTROC.

Quote:
brainsplode
heh nice avatar.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. This is great, I'm definitely going to stay active on these forums and the meets. You guys are solid.

UPDATE: ugh, heh, cheapest setup for wheels/tires on tirerack is: 3,660.00 heh and that doesn't included TPMS.
Some people are saying you run the risk of damaging the run-flats if you remove them and attempt to re-mount. I'm not sure of the validity of that statement.

Maybe I'll turn my OEM rims into winter rims (mount tires on them) and get new rims/tires in the spring (though not sure I want to spend the money right now).
Perhaps I can find some used GTR rims ...

Last edited by mr_sk; 11-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.
mr_sk is offline   Reply With Quote