View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
But is the fuel issue at every fuel level??? All I'm saying is the few guys I know who run there Z's around the track have no issue with the fuel or VLSD. What do you mean by your last statement there? My Diff is permanently open now after running a real hot temp after the dragon?
On R comps, you'll get fuel starve at 9/10ths in the right (or wrong as the case my be) turns.

On street tires, usually around 7/10ths. Wife HAS to keep the tank topped off for every single HPDE session, very annoying, BUT there is a solution coming down the pipe from an aftermarket vendor.

EDIT: regarding the VLSD, the viscous fluid breaks down with usage and esp heat, it thins out, and therfore is less and less able to lock the wheels together essentiall revuerting back to an open diff. If you are serious about tracking, you'll swap out to a carbonetics, quaife (my choice) or OSG.

Last edited by FL 4Motion; 11-03-2011 at 08:12 PM.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote