View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJRabbit View Post
So, in effect (by installing an oil cooler) Nissan finally admits the VQ37 runs hot oil, but won't retrofit earlier models. Completely unsat. Let the angry letters commence!

I wonder if a class-action suit is possible. Maybe folks that spent $ on after-market oil coolers can get their money back.
You're mad that your car doesn't have the year over year improvements that the '12 does? Are you going to want a class action lawsuit if the '13 nismos get homelink mirrors too?

I agree that the 09 to 11 Z's run hot (oil). BUT, in street driving and stock, they don't overheat and go into limp mode. On track, an oil cooler is required. I knew this shortcoming when I purchased mine and fixed it easily with an oil cooler kit as one of my first mods. I don't expect Nissan to retrofit every improvement they maek on a car, only if something is subject ot a recall for a saftety issue etc.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote