View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
TypeOne
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: BSM 370
TypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond reputeTypeOne has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TypeOne

Bring it to another shop. I've had tons of cars painted and none of them have ever had that issue. You might just be getting the run around from someone.

Plastics do some weird things, and if they aren't prepped right, when they are baked they can produce chemicals that don't allow the paint to adhere properly... that can cause peeling, and chipping. Improper mixture of paints and chemicals can also cause peeling and chipping.

I have a clear bra on the front of my car and it's barely noticeable even if you are standing up close. Many people never know it's there.

I would take care of the paint problem first because in the end, the bra is applied to painted surfaces. If the paint comes off, the bra will too.
TypeOne is offline   Reply With Quote