View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #1346 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05 View Post
sk , that so god damn sweet.... those cars are absolute monsters!! Have you driven it? How much "bigger" does it feel than the Z?

I think a cobb tune would be safe with the warranty as it easily goes on and off but I am not sure, but the power you get from just downpipes and tune is absurd!!

no one seems to leave them bone stock... but if you do , I would love to have a friendly comparison between your stock 09 and my 08 135i with full bolt ons and meth... I should run a mid 11 sec 1/4 with radials and meth on my 135i... And from a roll its a pretty good car, it pulls real well up top.. Meth isnt installed yet but will be by next week... Id love to see where i stand against a stock gtr... Im going to the track tomorrow and probable next friday after i get meth... I know your not gonna want to go this soon but some day before you mod id love to compare some how, haha...

my car with meth should trap right around 118-124 with good gas which i think is around gtr trap ... should be a good comparison ....

regardless the gtr shlts on the Z and 135 and pretty much every other car on the road , haha.... congrats on the purchase... thats really a sweet transistion... im curious how it goes for you... esp since you have a MT and you are going to the DCT.....

post pics asap! now i really have to make it out to one of these wednesday meets.. lately i have been going to open gym for basketball but Ill have to skip it to see/sit/hear this new beast of yours
well i have driven a stock 2009 GTR and i liked it. Definitely feels a decent amount bigger than the Z. its pretty firm suspension too, but not uncomfortably so. Feels kind of like a Z with coilovers. However, i drove it in full "R" mode which stiffens the suspension

i'm sure he'll enjoy the stock power bump for a while for sure before he needs to worry about modding. it does have 485bhp
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote