View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #1345 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sk View Post
Hey - yeah, was quick. I guess I knew this would happen sooner or later - After buying the Z I was already missing the space and comfort of my S4 and the utility of the AWD in the rain. But more so the comfort of the S4 plus all the room.

I've wanted a skyline, r*, whatever since...well always, and I decided instead of dumping a bunch of money into the Z, I'd just get a GTR instead.

I got a 2009, ~17k miles, dealer doing 18k service on it, trading in the Z (saving a few bucks on tax that way, giving me a fair trade price). I talked to the previous owner in depth about the car (he's onto his 3rd GTR, 2012 heh). Car's never been launched or tracked according to flicker data, car is 100% stock, still has 3 year bumper-2-bumper for a few months and 5 year/60k powertrain till 2014. I'm well aware of the transmission issues in the '09. Can't say I'm not a little worried, but this car is 100% stock on OEM fluids with powertrain for another 2+ years, so *if* anything happens, it should be covered by Nissan without putting up a fight. Otherwise totally stoked to get the car. Will be picking up on Monday and I'll come through on Wed with it.

I plan to drive in the snow, rain, sleet, hail, thunder, etc etc. Sure I won't be barreling around in 12" inches of snow, but I plan on driving it in the winter. I don't plan on modding the car at all for the first year or so. I might throw a Y-pipe in for Spring to change the exhaust note a bit, but otherwise, car will remain stock for duration of the warranty (I will try very hard to not mod immediately hehehe)

Oh, car is Titanium Bronze..looks amazing!

Also, my part-out thread will go up on Tuesday of next week - super fair prices on all my ****, just want to offload it quickly.

And I still plan on rolling to the 370z meets at Great Neck - always a good time.

Bummed I missed the meet last night, but the Belt was ridiculous. I didn't want to risk some butthead rear-ending me in the Z right before I'm about to trade it in. Belt + Cell phone/txting == accident.
cool man. glad to hear your GTR will be driven and not be some garage queen It comes with summer tires... so are you gonna get winter tires for the snow? even with AWD summer tires in snow=not fun
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote