View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Welcome. That IS is real nice. As for the Z there is nothing wrong with the LSD in the car, it will do just fine around the track but I would change the fluid to something good like RedLine or something. There have been some issues with the brakes since the standard brakes come with crappy low dust pads (even the sport package brakes). You dont need brake ducting only a good set of pads and maybe better higher boiling point brake fluid (better rotors would help as well) There does seem to be a fuel problem when your lower on gas, I have never had it but I have also never traked the car only a few runs on the Dragon. But I do know a few people in my area who have tracked there car and none of them ever complained about fuel issues or VSLD issues, but they are running better brake pads, rotors, etc. And yes you will need to run an Oil Cooler if you plan on doing some serious track days. Just a couple of problems that I think are pretty small for such a good car.
No fuel issues on track means you aren't driving hard.

VLSD just becomes an open diff after a lap. Just like yours is (permanently, based on temps seen) after a dragon run
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote