View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceformer View Post
I don't think the Tein springs would have much effect on the bushing. IMO, high HP levels, hard launches and shifts would hurt the bushing far more than anything else. I've had a few friends with 350Z's break theirs and a few friends down here in FL do the same with their 370Z's. It seems to be common with both cars.

I contacted SPL about this. With some work/swearing the 350Z SPL bushings can be adapted to the 370Z/G37. They also mentioned that they will be releasing a set that fits the 370Z/G37 soon.

With that said, the SPL bushings are LOUD. Especially if you have a set of 4.08 gears, and/or a Nismo LSD. The 4.08 gears might whine a bit more than the stock gears, and this is magnified by the solid bushings. The Nismo LSD is a bit harsh to begin with, makes lots of noise when making slow tight turns (read: parking lot). This is also magnified by the solid diff bushings.

I would NOT recommend these for a daily driven car. But constantly breaking a stock bushing would also be irritating. Maybe some day someone can source/manufacture a solid rubber bushing.
two things which i have not done with this car. ive been babying it much more than abusing it..... :\
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote